Thread: 2013 Art Secret Santa! - Complete

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, great pictures all!

*blinkblinks*

CGW, honestly, I didn't expect anyone would attempt drawing Fujo because she has so many design elements goin' on. You've proven me wrong though, and she looks FANTASTIC! Thank you!
    Hehe, she almost looks like she's thinking about hurling that fireball at Santa, and it would be perfectly in-character for her to do so.

For my secret santa, I had King Simba.
    I went through, like...12 sketches before my fiance bopped me on the head and reminded me of the KISS principle.
    It's not much, but hopefully you like it...and since I felt guilty about only doing a Katai portrait, you get a bonus Namabi chibi. Enjoy!

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok, since I am the last person to post their drawing, I need to give an explanation on why I haven't yet... I was supposed to draw a picture for Leorgathar, and I sent him an email last night anonymously through the SS website explaining what happened, but I don't know if that actually went through and he was able to read it.

I was planning to draw the picture sometime in December, I knew it didn't need to get it done really early like the present Secret Santa because this Art Secret Santa you don't need to send anything in the mail.

Well on December 2, around midnight, our washing machine overflowed down the hallway, we did our best to try to soak everything up, but in the end our flooring had to be dried with tons of fans, but then instead we had to have our flooring ripped up and replaced. A few days after this happened, our family including our pets had to be moved to a hotel. (There could of been a risk of mold in the house after what happened, and it's hard to live there with the flooring all ripped up, and our kitchen cabinets are all gone with everything in them, it was hard to try to cook Christmas dinner without the things we needed.) It has been so chaotic, trying to deal with this, and the holidays at the same time. I really tried to get the Christmas tree up during my last two weekend offs from work, but I spent so much time in our house on my days off from work, helping my family and trying to move things from the house to the hotel, and a lot of of items were packed away in boxes without letting us know when they were going to do that, I really hated it that strangers went through my items and packed them away. I finally got our Christmas Tree up two days before Christmas, and had shopping still to do on Christmas Eve and wrapping, and I normally never have so much left to the last minute... In fact on December 1, I was starting to put lights on our Christmas tree, the very day before the flooding happened from our washing machine. So in the end I had to go back to the house a couple weeks later to take off all lights I spent a lot of time putting on. We have a smaller artificial tree in the garage that we brought to out hotel room, and I was just able to decorate just a few days ago.

I really tried to start working on my drawing on Christmas Eve, but I was so tired with all the running around and wrapping I had to do. I normally love wrapping gifts and such but not all in one day, and at the last minute... I wanted to start on it earlier, but all my days off were so busy...

I really feel disappointed in myself that I didn't get this done in time, but at the same time I wasn't expecting something like this to happen to my home and my family... I will make sure from now on, in the future, that I will start working on my drawing in November...

Leor, I really hope you understand, I have had in my mind what I want to draw for you ever since I drew your name, so I will start working on it tomorrow, and I think I will have it done tomorrow night, or at the very latest, the next morning after that. I don't want this picture to be rushed, after having to wait until after Christmas to get it, I want you to enjoy it.

I have to say, everyone's picture is amazing! Thank you so much Anna, that picture is beautiful, it's so sweet, I love it.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art